50 Inspirational Morning Quotes to Kick Off Your Day
These wise words may turn you into a morning person.
Mornings get a bum rap. Sure, they're dark, it's a time when you're usually cranky, and there's the looming feeling that so much stuff needs to get done. But just because the pre-noon hours aren't your favorite time of day doesn't mean they aren't quite wonderful in their own way. After all, without mornings, we'd have no sunrise, no chance to start anew, and no reason to brew copious amounts of delicious coffee. Still, if you feel like your wakeup needs an extra boost, try reading through these uplifting good morning quotes. Word on the street is they're just as invigorating as that second shot of espresso.
Morning Quotes for an Energy Boost
1. "The sun has not caught me in bed in 50 years."
2. "An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
—Henry David Thoreau
3. "The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn."
—William C. Hannan
4. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
5. "This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death."
6. "Given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it … look at it and really see it … try it on … live it … exhaust it … and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it."
7. "The difference between rising at five and seven o'clock in the morning, for 40 years, supposed a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man's life."
8. "A year from now you may wish you had started today."
9. "The time just before dawn contains the most energy of all hours of the day. When I wake to see that it's light out already, I feel the world has started without me."
10. "There is something magical about the early morning. It's a time when the world belongs to only those few who are awake. And we walk around like kings while others remain unseen in their beds."
11. "Up at dawn, the dewy freshness of the hour, the morning rapture of the birds, the daily miracle of sunrise, set her heart in tune, and gave her nature's most healing balm."
—Louisa May Alcott
12. "What a benediction is this fragrance of the early morning! The vernal grass fills the whole atmosphere as with a shower of sweetness."
13. "The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the 24 hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there."
14. "Lose an hour in the morning and you will be all day hunting for it."
15. "Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself."
16. "You've got to wake up each day and understand what that day is about; you've got to have personal goals. Be flexible in getting to those goals, but if you do not have goals, you will not achieve them."
17. Seize the day, whatever's in it to seize, before something comes along and seizes you."
18. "How you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have."
19. "Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside—remembering all the times you've felt that way."
20. "Before I leave the house, I say five things I love about myself, like 'You have really pretty eyes.' That way I can go out into the world with that little bit of extra confidence."
—Jennifer Love Hewitt
Reflective Morning Quotes
21. "There's always a sunrise and always a sunset and it's up to you to choose to be there for it,' said my mother. 'Put yourself in the way of beauty.'"
22. "You can only come to the morning through the shadows."
23. "When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love"
24. "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
25. "Morning without you is a dwindled dawn."
26. "Get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is phenomenal; everything is incredible; never treat life casually. To be spiritual is to be amazed."
—Abraham Joshua Heschel
27. "Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
28. "Write it on your heart / that every day is the best day in the year. / He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day / who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. "He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity's sunrise."
30. "Today, many will choose to leave the ghost of yesterday behind and seize the immeasurable power of today. Why not you?"
31. "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
32. "When you do something beautiful and nobody notices, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps."
33. "This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."
34. "When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every time the sun rises."
35. "If you knew in advance the consequences of your own actions—you'd be doomed. You'd be ruined as God. You'd be a stone. You'd never eat or drink or laugh or get out of bed in the morning. You'd never love anyone, ever again. You'd never dare to."
36. "Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."
37. "The scariest thought in the world is that someday I'll wake up and realize I've been sleepwalking through my life: under-appreciating the people I love, making the same hurtful mistakes over and over, a slave to neuroses, fear and the habitual. "
38. "Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies."
39. "So fine was the morning except for a streak of wind here and there that the sea and sky looked all one fabric, as if sails were stuck high up in the sky, or the clouds had dropped down into the sea."
40. "It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."
—F. Scott Fitzgerald
41. "Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor … Welcome and entertain them all."
42. "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants to do."
Funny Morning Quotes
43. "True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
44. "There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it."
45. "Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day."
46. "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers."
47. "With great power … comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later."
48. "I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
49. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be a good one?"
50. "This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before."
Additional reporting by Allie Hogan.