84 Good Morning Quotes to Make Getting Out of Bed Even Easier
These wise words may turn you into a morning person.
Mornings get a bum rap. Sure, they're dark, it's a time when you're usually cranky, and there's the looming feeling that so much stuff needs to get done. But just because the pre-noon hours aren't your favorite time of day doesn't mean they aren't quite wonderful in their own way. After all, without mornings, we'd have no sunrise, no chance to start anew, and no reason to brew copious amounts of delicious coffee. Still, if you feel like your wake-up needs an extra boost, try reading through these uplifting good morning quotes. Word on the street is they're just as invigorating as that second shot of espresso.
READ THIS NEXT: Good Night Messages to Make Her Feel Special.
Positive Good Morning Quotes to Boost Your Energy
- "The sun has not caught me in bed in 50 years."
- "An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
—Henry David Thoreau
- "The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn."
—William C. Hannan
- "First thing every morning before you arise, say out loud, 'I believe,' three times."
- "Nothing is impossible when you put your mind, heart, soul, and sweat into it. Have a great morning."
- "The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light."
- "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
- "Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life."
- "There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope."
- "Every morning, I wake up saying, 'I'm still alive, a miracle.' And so I keep on pushing."
- "This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death."
- "Given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it, look at it and really see it, try it on, live it, exhaust it, and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it."
- "The difference between rising at five and seven o'clock in the morning, for 40 years, supposing a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man's life."
- "I learned to love myself, because I sleep with myself every night and I wake up with myself every morning, and if I don't like myself, there's no reason to even live the life."
- "The time just before dawn contains the most energy of all hours of the day. When I wake to see that it's light out already, I feel the world has started without me."
- "There is something magical about the early morning. It's a time when the world belongs to only those few who are awake. And we walk around like kings while others remain unseen in their beds."
- "Up at dawn, the dewy freshness of the hour, the morning rapture of the birds, the daily miracle of sunrise, set her heart in tune, and gave her nature's most healing balm."
—Louisa May Alcott
- "Every morning, my dad would have me looking in the mirror and repeat: 'Today is going to be a great day; I can, and I will.'"
- "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
- "Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, 'It's going to be a good day!'"
- "What a benediction is this fragrance of the early morning! The vernal grass fills the whole atmosphere as with a shower of sweetness."
- "The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the 24 hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there."
- "I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning."
—J. B. Priestley
- "How you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have."
- "Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside—remembering all the times you've felt that way."
- "Before I leave the house, I say five things I love about myself, like 'You have really pretty eyes.' That way I can go out into the world with that little bit of extra confidence."
—Jennifer Love Hewitt
READ THIS NEXT: Good Morning Messages for Friends Who Mean the Most.
Beautiful Morning Quotes About Life
- "'There's always a sunrise and always a sunset and it's up to you to choose to be there for it,' said my mother. 'Put yourself in the way of beauty.'"
- "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
- "I've got nothing to say but it's OK, good morning, good morning."
- "When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps."
- "This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before."
- "For each new morning let there be flow of love. Let there be light of happiness in every direction."
- "Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. It's an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think, and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day."
- "I get up every morning and it's going to be a great day. You never know when it's going to be over so I refuse to have a bad day."
- "Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions."
- "Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature herself."
—Henry David Thoreau
- "You can only come to the morning through the shadows."
- "The next morning dawned bright and sweet, like ribbon candy."
—Sarah Addison Allen
- "It is a serious thing, just to be alive on this fresh morning, in this broken world."
- "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- "Morning without you is a dwindled dawn."
- "Get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is phenomenal; everything is incredible; never treat life casually. To be spiritual is to be amazed."
—Abraham Joshua Heschel
- "Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
- "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity's sunrise."
- "Today, many will choose to leave the ghost of yesterday behind and seize the immeasurable power of today. Why not you?"
- "This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."
- "When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every time the sun rises."
- "If you knew in advance the consequences of your own actions, you'd be doomed. You'd be ruined as God. You'd be a stone. You'd never eat or drink or laugh or get out of bed in the morning. You'd never love anyone, ever again. You'd never dare to."
- "Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."
- "Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies."
- "So fine was the morning except for a streak of wind here and there that the sea and sky looked all one fabric, as if sails were stuck high up in the sky, or the clouds had dropped down into the sea."
- "It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."
—F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Every morning is a new arrival; a joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all."
READ THIS NEXT: 113 Good Morning Messages for Him to Start the Day.
Inspirational Good Morning Quotes About Success
- "Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen."
- "If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not."
- "Be willing to be a beginner every single morning."
- "I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening."
- "You've got to wake up each day and understand what that day is about; you've got to have personal goals. Be flexible in getting to those goals, but if you do not have goals, you will not achieve them."
- "Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself."
- "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants to do."
- "Lose an hour in the morning and you will be all day hunting for it."
- "The scariest thought in the world is that someday I'll wake up and realize I've been sleepwalking through my life: Under-appreciating the people I love, making the same hurtful mistakes over and over, a slave to neuroses, fear, and the habitual. "
- "A year from now you may wish you had started today."
- "One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast."
- "Whether the day is for writing, designing, or painting, the consistent practice of a morning routine is the doorway into it all."
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
- "I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life."
- "Seize the day, whatever's in it to seize, before something comes along and seizes you."
- "In one minute you can change your attitude, and in that minute you can change your entire day."
- "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- "Rise up, start fresh, see the bright opportunity in each day."
READ THIS NEXT: 107 Monday Motivation Quotes That Will Inspire You.
Funny Morning Quotes
- "True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
- A morning coffee is my favorite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they don't later fray.
- "There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it."
- "Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day."
- "I like my coffee black and my mornings bright."
- "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers."
- "With great power… comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later."
- "I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
- "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be a good one?"
- "Today's goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness."
- "I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up."
- "Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious."
That's it for our list of good morning quotes, but be sure to check back in with us soon! We're committed to helping you find the right words morning, noon, and night. Sign up for our newsletter to enjoy similar kinds of content, as well as hit pieces on health, entertainment, and travel.