The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating our Website, providing the Services and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. Contact Information
When you contact us or our customer support team via the Website, email or by mail, when you call us, or when you sign up to receive our newsletter or updates about our articles, you will be asked to provide certain information which may include your name, email address, and phone number (collectively, the "Contact Information").
2. Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, we may collect or receive the following additional information ("Other Information"):
- From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Website, and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website, and/or access and/or use our Services. This information includes but shall not limited to, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website, and the Services ("Activity Information").
- From Cookies. We also collect Activity Information by using "cookie" technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device to "remember" information about your visit. We may use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer/device until you delete them). If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website, and the Services may not function properly.
Below is a list of analytics providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change based on how we wish to understand the user experience and we will endeavor to update it diligently. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from their analytics collection.
For Parse.ly, please visit: https://www.parse.ly/privacy-policy
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share Your Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information and Other Information (collectively, the "Information") to provide our Website and Services to you, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to improve our products and services.
Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand users of our Website and Services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Website and Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may use this aggregate information for marketing purposes. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Website and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company or others.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by following the instructions found on the Website, the Services or by contacting us at [email protected]. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any our marketing email. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Security of Your Information
We take commercially reasonable security measures to ensure that your information is treated securely and is protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website, and/or the Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure of your information.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Website and the Services may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Website or the Services. We assume no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the Website or the Services. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to or honor "do not track" (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Important Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
Our servers are located in the United States. Please be aware that your information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use Website, or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal data to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line "Nevada Do Not Sell Request" and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note, however, that we do not sell personal data.
Email: [email protected]