102 Brother Quotes & Captions for That Special Sibling in Your Life
Explore below for tons of different quotes that scream "I love my brother."
It's hard to articulate just what is so special about that sibling bond. The genetic similarities? Maybe. The shared trauma? Probably part of it. The buried secrets concerning who you were, what you did, and who was harmed in the process? Certainly. There's also something to be said about the type of sibling relationship shared. Sisters have their own thing going on. Sisters and brothers, too. But brother and brother? Well, that's something else altogether. Below, you'll find a bunch of different quotes about brothers—funny ones, sentimental picks, and other insights from names you know.
READ THIS NEXT: 104 Friendship Quotes to Celebrate Your Best Friend.
Funny Brother Quotes
- "You're a great brother. You give us a heart attack worrying about your heart attack, which you didn't even have the decency to have." — Groucho Marx
- "Half the time when brothers wrestle, it's just an excuse to hug each other." — James Patterson
- "I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance—waiting for the bathroom." — Bob Hope
- "When you deal with your brother, be pleasant, but get a witness." — Hesiod
- "Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something." — Daniel Handler
- "The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose." — Garrison Keillor
- "My mother was nuts. My father was boring. My older brother was funny." — Penny Marshall
- "He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal." — Gregg Levoy
- "There's no buddy like a brother." — Unknown
- "What strange creatures brothers are!" — Jane Austen
- "Oh, brothers! I don't care for brothers. My older brother won't die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else." — Oscar Wilde
- "To the 'R' in the word brother; without it, you'd just be a bother." — Unknown
Quotes About Big Brothers
- "Thank you for always being there, for always being the one person I could talk with. You are the most amazing big brother a person could have." — Kate Summers
- "Be grateful when your older brothers growl at you, and when they tell you what to do. Beautiful they are, just trying to fulfill their duty of protecting you." — Unknown
- "Being his real brother, I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow." — Michael Morpurgo
- "That's the function of big brothers—to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing." — Susan Beth Pfeffer
- "Let him know that it's natural for a big brother to feel proud and loving and, at the same time, jealous and angry." — Joanna Cole
- "Big brothers are the ones who are supposed to pull their punches. Little sisters well, we should be able to hit as hard as we like, shouldn't we." — Rick Riordan
- "The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you." — Chloe Grace Moretz
- "Dear big brother, you may be part of my family, but I will always consider you a friend." — Catherine Pulsifer
- "My big brother still thinks he's a better singer than me." — Rod Stewart
- "Without my big brother I probably literally wouldn't be here." — Mikey Way
Little Brother Quotes
- "If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother." — Sam Levenson
- "Baby brothers are small. Baby brothers are cute. But they can be a pain, and that is the truth." — Sheila Sweeny Higginson
- "The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother—and they'll settle for a puppy every time." — Winston Pendleton
- "I'll teach you, little sibling, how to crawl and curl up like a tiny ball. We'll be the best of friends, but this isn't where it ends." — Lindsey Coker Luckey
- "Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas—that's what my grandma taught me." — Philip Stanhope
- "I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea." — Dylan Thomas
- "The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder." — Jane Austen
- "I grew up with a younger brother, so I can get pretty rowdy." — Sarah Wynter
- "I placed you in my heart since you were born. You are the best gift ever that I've gotten from our parents. I'm so lucky to have you as my younger brother." — Sam Dawn
READ THIS NEXT: I'm Sorry Quotes: 100 Ways to Apologize.
Meaningful Messages About Brothers
- "A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams."— Unknown
- "Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk." — Susan Scarf Merrell
- "Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference, and no matter the issue." — Byron Pulsifer
- "Young brothers will often be each other's best friends. They will laugh together, get into trouble together, and create memories that will last a lifetime." — David Leads
- "It takes two men to make one brother." — Israel Zangwill
- "There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother… Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too." — Anna Quindlen
- "My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass.' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys.'" — Harmon Killebrew
- "Brothers don't necessarily have to say anything to each other—they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other." — Leonardo DiCaprio
- "A brother is a friend given by nature." — Ernest Legouve
- "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero." — Marc Brown
- "Brother, may it inspire you to know when I need a daily boost, I remember the days of yesterday and the laughter we had as children." — Robert Rivers
- "Brothers are playmates in the beginning and best friends for life." — Unknown
- "My brother is my best friend." — Erinn Smart
Quotes About Brothers and Loss
- "Not only had my brother disappeared, but—and bear with me here—a part of my very being had gone with him. Stories about us could, from then on, be told from only one perspective. Memories could be told but not shared." ― John Corey Whaley
- "If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day—that's the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That's the only reason I'm OK right now." — Amaury Nolasco
- "To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were, we know each other's hearts, we share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." — Clara Ortega
- "Whether your sibling was younger or older, whether the death was sudden or anticipated, whether you were very close to your sibling throughout your lives or experienced periods of separation, you are now grieving." — Alan Wolfelt
- "Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated." — Alphonse de Lamartine
- "Like my strong body would miss my heart beating loud, I miss you brother." — Michele Mellen
- "Here's what I know: death abducts the dying, but grief steals from those left behind." ― Katherine Owen
- Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." — William Penn
- "Losing a sibling is missing the one person who you could truly be yourself with." ― Anoir Ou-Chad
- "My brother was a great favorite with everybody, and his death cast a gloom upon the whole neighborhood." — William Frederick Cody
READ THIS NEXT: 100 "I Miss You" Messages (And Quotes!) for Everyone in Your Life.
Brotherly Quotes About Success
- "Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore." — Hindu Proverb
- "If we are not our brother's keeper, at least let us not be his executioner." — Marlon Brando
- "Because brothers don't let each other wander in the dark alone." — Jolene Perry
- "When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life." — Antisthenes
- "God blesses him who helps his brother." — Abu Bakr
- "We will find true peace only when we learn to see that there is no difference among ourselves, realize that we are different manifestations of one, and we love each other as brother and sister." ― Debasish Mridha
- "I can't work with my brother without laughing." — Dick Van Dyke
- "We came into the world like brother and brother; and now let's go hand in hand, not one before another." — William Shakespeare
- "There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own." — Edwin Markham
Quotes About Brothers Not Related by Blood
- "I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at." — Maya Angelou
- "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life." — Richard Bach
- "The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold." — Martin Luther King Jr.
- "A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." — Benjamin Franklin
- "A brother is a friend God gave you; a friend is a brother your heart chose." — Proverb
- "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." — Jane Howard
- "When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching—they are your family." — Jim Butcher
- "A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." — Donna Roberts
- "Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." — Anthony Brandt
- "The bond that binds us is beyond choice. We are brothers. We are brothers in what we share." — Ursula K.Le Guin
- "There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family." — Unknown
READ THIS NEXT: 400+ Best Instagram Captions for Any Occasion.
Cute Quotes About Brothers and Sisters
- "After a girl is grown, her little brothers—now her protectors—seem like big brothers."— Terri Guillemets
- "What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them." — Esther Friesner
- "You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you." — George R.R. Martin
- "Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life." — Suzie Huitt
- "Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can." — Gregory E. Lang
- "There is no bond like the bond between brothers and sisters. Cherish each other." — Patricia Waldron
- "Sisters and brothers just happen, we don't get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships." — Wes Adamson
- "Being brother and sister means being there for each other." — Unknown
- "She had always wanted a brother. And she had one now. Sebastian. It was like always wanting a puppy and being a hellhound instead." — Cassandra Clare
- "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." — Vietnamese Proverb
- "I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends." — James Boswell
- "Brothers and sisters separated by distance, joined by love." — Chuck Danes
- "Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart." — Melodie Ramone
- "A little sister looks up to her big brother all through her life." — Catherine Pulsifer
Other Captions and Sayings About Brothers
- Younger brothers always have a special place in their sibling's hearts.
- My dear brother, you have done nothing if not pepper my life with happy and magical moments.
- A brother-and sister-relationship is a special bond that only strengthens over time.
- We've shared secrets, laughter, and joy. I'm happy to have had such a wonderful brother through it all.
- True in spirit.
- There is no love like that of my brother's.
- Even a bad brother is better than no brother at all.
- He may not always be the nicest guy in the world, but I know that my brother is there to help catch whatever life throws my way.
- A little brother is your biggest fan.
- Older brothers really were born to terrorize their younger siblings.
- My brother is the only person who really knows how weird I was as a kid. Thanks for keeping my secrets.
- To my dearest brother, I wish you nothing but absolute happiness and joy ahead.
- The Robin to my Batman.
- I smile because you are my brother, I laugh because you cannot help it.
That's it for our list of brotherly quotes, but be sure to check back in with us soon for more ways to connect to the ones you love. You can also sign up for our newsletter so you don't miss out on what's next!