Good Night Messages to Make Her Feel Special
Find good night messages for her and famous quotes from names you know.
There's a line in A.G. Henley's novel The Scourge that reads, "You're the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing when I go to sleep." Versions of it have appeared in other texts but the sentiment remains the same: Love keeps someone on your mind and choosing to let them know is a good way to progress the relationship.
We've already discussed different ways to say good morning, but it's easy to get tongue-tied after dark. That doesn't mean you should forgo the effort, however. After all, a good night message is an important way to communicate your affection for someone else. A little good night note might also inspire someone to return the favor, meaning you aren't just dishing 0ut kindness, but getting some in return—and let's be honest, we could all use a little more of that in our lives.
READ THIS NEXT: Cute Things to Say to Your Girlfriend Every Day.
98 Cute Good Night Messages Sure to Make Her Smile
Make that special person in your life smile before they fall asleep with these sweet good night messages. Whether you're looking for something romantic, something sexy, or a simple quip, we're sure to have what you need.
Romantic Good Night Messages
- Wishing very sweet dreams to the love of my life. I can't wait to see you soon.
- Good night and sweet dreams to the woman I love.
- I love looking back on all our sweet memories before drifting off to sleep.
- Good night, my love. Can't wait to start dreaming of you.
- Wishing I was there to watch you fall asleep.
- Good night to the most amazing wife there is. I hope you have beautiful dreams and an even more perfect morning.
- It's always a magical night when I can spend it by your side.
- Good night, baby. I hope you have a peaceful night, tender dreams, and an easy morning ahead.
- Good night, sweetheart. I wish I could give you a hug and kiss before bed.
- Good night to the greatest girlfriend in the world. Looking forward to dreaming of you once I fall asleep.
- My favorite part of going to bed is wishing you a good night!
- Going to sleep with you on my mind makes waking up that much easier.
- I'm so happy I was able to wish you a good night. Now I know I'm in for a wonderful night's sleep.
- Good night, my angel. Try to relax and fall into a deep, peaceful sleep.
- Good night, my love. I'll see you in my dreams!
- I love you to the moon and back. Call me when you wake up.
- I'm so excited to dream about you tonight.
- It's a constant battle. I love staying up thinking about you, but the longer I stay up, the longer it takes to see you again!
READ THIS NEXT: 113 Good Morning Messages for Him to Start the Day.
Heartfelt Ways to Say Good Night
- Wishing you a peaceful sleep tonight and looking forward to chatting more tomorrow.
- Sleep well, sweet girl. I hope nothing finds you tonight but wonderful dreams and peaceful sleep.
- Wishing you both a beautiful and magical night. I hope you wake up well-rested and ready for the day.
- Sweet dreams to the brightest star in my night sky!
- May the hum of a hundred angels' wings soothe you to sleep.
- Good night, sweetheart. Sleep tight and enjoy the lovely dreams coming your way.
- I hope you have nothing but sweet dreams in exchange for all the good you've done today.
- You are such a sweet girl. I hope you have nothing but the most amazing night.
- Good night, dear. Wishing you a deep sleep and happy dreams.
- You've helped brighten the day and usher in a wonderful night. You deserve to have an absolutely amazing night.
- I hope today treated you well. May you sleep peacefully through the night.
- I hope tonight brings you the sweetest dreams and the deepest sleep.
- Good night, beautiful girl. I hope all your troubles magically disappear as soon as your head hits the pillow.
- Just wanted to say good night. I hope you have a restful sleep and pleasant dreams.
- May all the good moments you experienced today find their way into your dreams tonight.
READ THIS NEXT: 198 I Love You Quotes to Share With Someone Special.
Seductive Good Night Messages
- I wish I was there to wear you out and send you into a deep sleep.
- I hear the more active you are in bed, the more amazing your dreams become. Are you ready to put that theory to the test?
- Good night, love. This bed is comfy, but it would feel so much better with you in it.
- I'm already in bed and imagining what we'd be doing if we were together.
- Have you ever had a naughty dream about me? No? Well, maybe tonight is the night.
- Thank you for the good night kiss, but I think there's more we can do for help falling asleep.
- I'm having the hardest time falling asleep. I can't get you out of my mind.
- It's cold out tonight. Wishing you were here to keep me warm.
- If I have a dream about us tonight, what do you think we'll be doing?
- I wanted to say good night just once more and let you know how much I want you.
- Have I ever told you what the feeling of your warm breath on my neck does to the rest of my body? Wishing you were here with me tonight.
- I can't help but wonder what you're wearing to bed tonight.
- It's hard to sleep without something in my arms. Can you come here and fill the void?
READ THIS NEXT: Good Morning Messages for Friends Who Mean the Most.
How to Say "Sweet Dreams" to Friends
- Have a good night! Text me when you wake up.
- Sweet dreams. Let me know if you want to grab breakfast.
- Sleep well, my friend! I'll talk to you tomorrow.
- Hope you have a chill night.
- Have a good time in bed tonight!
- I'm off to bed! I'm looking forward to a good sleep.
- Rest up, my friend.
- Be sure to have a good night's sleep so you can take on tomorrow.
- Just wanted to say good night and I'm so thankful to have you in my life.
- You're the hardest worker I know! That's why it's so important you get some shut-eye!
- Just know I love you like roses love rain. Sleep tight tonight!
- Good night! Be sure to get your full eight hours.
- You're going to kill it tomorrow! Now get to bed.
- After a big meal, I'm ready for bed. I'll talk to you tomorrow!
- I can't keep my eyes open! I'm out.
- I'm hitting the sack. It would help if you did the same.
- Sweet dreams, buddy!
Short Messages to Send Before You Fall Asleep
- Off to bed with you now!
- Time for a night of deep and refreshing sleep.
- Let's hit the hay.
- Good night and God bless.
- Sending you warm hugs and sweet kisses before bed.
- Hope you have a good night's sleep!
- Can't wait to spend the night chasing you across all my dreams.
- Time to close your eyes and clear your mind.
- Hope you have a lovely sleep and amazing dreams!
- Hope you sleep soundly, sweet lady.
- Sending you sweet dreams and a tender kiss.
- Lots of hugs and kisses before bed!
- Nighty night! Hope you dream about me.
- Go to bed already, sleepyhead!
- Time to drift off to dreamland.
- Let's go ahead and get some shut-eye.
- Sleep feels so good when it happens with you.
READ THIS NEXT: 21 Questions for a New Relationship.
Famous Good Night Quotes
- "I love the silent hour of night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight What may not bless my waking eyes." — Anne Brontë
- "Goodnight. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival." — Anthony T. Hincks
- "Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." — William Shakespeare
- "We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds." — Fitz James O'Brien
- "Sleep is the best time to repair, but it's hard to get a good night's rest when we don't dial the inner chatter down." — Kris Carr
- "Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow." — Allen Ginsberg
- "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." — Sarah Williams
- "Life is full of new beginnings, and a new day tomorrow brings, sleep well." — Catherine Pulsifer
- "The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night." — Haruki Murakami
- "Don't fight with the pillow, but lay down your head and kick every worriment out of the bed." — Edmund Vance Cooke
- "This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away." — J.R.R. Tolkien
- "This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day." — Bernard Williams
- "As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you've done all you can do for today." — Roald Dahl
- "There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep." — Homer
- "Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what's done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light." — George Orwell
- "Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, What more is there to say than goodnight? We've had a lot of fun and it's time to toodle-oo. Au revoir, auf wiedersehen and Inka, dinks doo. Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight." — Jimmy Durante
- "The day is over, it's time for rest. Sleep well my dear you gave it your best. Tomorrow comes, oh so soon, close your eyes and awake before noon." — Catherine Pulsifer
- "Sleep is the most beautiful experience in life." — W. C. Fields
Why Good Night Notes Matter
Sending someone a good night message can help make them feel good. That's not just our opinion, that's science. When studying the brains of people in love, researchers have identified heavy surges of dopamine—the neurotransmitter associated with pleasure and reward.
Experts suggest even a simple text from someone you love can help activate this process, the effects of which are so powerful, some have even likened the experience to orgasm. Couple that with the flood of endorphins we enjoy when reading a message from someone we love and feelings of happiness are all but guaranteed.
The benefits don't end there, either. Research has confirmed that these chemicals can also increase our sense of confidence and optimism. Endorphins act as the body's natural pain relievers, too, capable of decreasing levels of stress and anxiety.
While it hasn't been confirmed, scientists also suspect that these chemicals can support our immune system and enhance memory and cognitive function. In that sense, sending someone something sweet before bed isn't just a nice thing to do, it's a way to make them feel good—inside and out.
That's it for our list of good night messages, but be sure to check back in with us soon! Best Life is committed to helping you find the right words for any occasion. Sign up for our newsletter to enjoy similar content, as well as hit pieces on health, entertainment, and travel.