103 Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
Let these inspirational quotes about love guide you to bliss with your significant other.
Even if you and your significant other are in a great place, sending them a sweet remark is the perfect way to remind them just how special they are to you. Sometimes a romantic relationship quote is all it takes to reignite that spark. So, whether you're looking to rekindle a flame or keep the fire burning bright, consider sharing these quotes about relationships with your sweetheart.
READ THIS NEXT: 134 Good Morning Messages for Her: Love Notes, Quotes, and Texts.
Cute Relationship Quotes
- "Let's, let's stay together."
—Al Green, from "Let's Stay Together"
- "Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need."
- "We're often afraid of being vulnerable, but vulnerability creates genuine connection."
- "We are most alive when we're in love."
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
- "The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence."
- "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate."
- "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."
—A.A. Milne, from Winnie-the-Pooh
- "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
- "A successful relationship requires falling in love multiple times, but always with the same person."
- "Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation." —Oscar Wilde
- "Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond."
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat."
- "True love stories never have endings."
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."
—J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
- "Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."
—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it."
- "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
- "Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow."
- "When you cultivate quality relationships, not only do you feel better and help your friends feel better, but you contribute to an increase of joy, love, and peace in the world."
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
—Harry (Billy Crystal), from When Harry Met Sally
- "True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other."
—Michael Bassey Johnson
- "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."
—Morrie Schwartz, from Tuesdays with Morrie
- "At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."
- "Who, being loved, is poor?"
- "Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we're lost and love is dead, and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do."
—Ted (Josh Radnor), from How I Met Your Mother
- "A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
- "Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time."
- "Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together."
- "Love alone can rekindle life."
—Henri Frederic Amiel
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- "Love is a game that two can play and both can win."
- "To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship."
—Doménico Cieri Estrada
- "Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
—Franklin P. Jones
- "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with."
- "Souls tend to go back to who feels like home."
- "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- "I love her, and it is the beginning of everything."
—F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever."
- "In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you."
—Mac (J.K. Simmons), from Juno
- "I love you—I am at rest with you—I have come home."
—Dorothy L. Sayers
- "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
- "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness."
—Paul (George Peppard), from Breakfast at Tiffany's
- "It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all."
—William Makepeace Thackeray, from Vanity Fair
READ THIS NEXT: 198 I Love You Quotes to Share With Someone Special.
Inspirational Relationship Quotes About Love
- "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
- "It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;—it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others."
—Jane Austen, from Sense & Sensibility
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
- "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
- "We humans definitely need other people to keep us human."
—Terry Pratchett, from The Shepherd's Crown
- "Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day."
- "A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other."
- "Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age."
- "The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it."
—Nicholas Sparks, from At First Sight
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love."
- "Only when your love for someone exceeds your need for them do you have a shot at a genuine relationship together."
- "The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands."
- "Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life."
- "Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
- "Relationships, marriages are ruined where one person continues to learn, develop and grow and the other person stands still."
- "A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself—to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart."
—Leo F. Buscaglia
- "You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
- "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."
- "Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.
Patrick Rothfuss, from The Wise Man's Fear
- "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind / And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
—William Shakespeare, from A Midsummer Night's Dream
- "True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpart in another."
—John (Owen Wilson), from Wedding Crashers
- "Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding."
- "Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships."
- "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
—David (Hugh Grant), from Love, Actually
- "Assumptions are the termites of relationships."
- "Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- "You're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."
—Kathleen (Meg Ryan), from You've Got Mail
- "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
- "Love is a two-way street constantly under construction."
- "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person."
—Kermit the Frog
- "Nobody has ever measured—not even poets—how much love the human heart can hold."
- "The joy of life is variety; the tenderest love requires to be rekindled by intervals of absence."
- "The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love."
- "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
—Vincent Van Gogh
- "Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary."
- "Happily ever after is not a fairy tale—it's a choice."
- "We cannot be sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain."
- "Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers."
- "Don't try to be something to everyone. Be everything to someone."
- "Never love something so much that you can't let go of it."
- "Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you."
- "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
—Stephanie Perkins, from Anna and the French Kiss
- "Love is like the wind. You can't see it, but you can feel it."
—Nicholas Sparks, from A Walk to Remember
- "We love the things we love for what they are."
- "Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person."
- "The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We're still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings."
- "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."
—Elizabeth Gilbert, from Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
- "Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star."
- "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make…"
—The Beatles, from "The End"
- "We are asleep until we fall in love."
—Leo Tolstoy, from War and Peace
- "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
—Victor Hugo, from Les Misérables