30 Uplifting Smile Quotes to Boost Your Mood
These quotes are just the thing to put some pep in your step!
As the old song goes: "You're never fully dressed without a smile." Of course, smiling makes everyone look more attractive and approachable. But it turns out, it can also make you feel better. One 2019 meta-analysis of more than 138 studies published by the University of Tennessee at Knoxville found that smiling makes people feel happier, scowling makes them feel angrier, and frowning makes them feel sadder. So, what's the best way to crack a grin even if it's the last thing you feel like doing? By reading some uplifting smile quotes, of course! Ahead, we've rounded up the cheeriest smile quotes that are sure to boost your mood.
The best smile quotes to put a grin on your face
- "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers." ―
- "It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living." ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." ―
- "Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful." ― Rashida Jones
- "Peace begins with a smile." ― Mother Teresa
- "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection." ― Thomas Paine
- "The living should smile, for the dead cannot." ― George R.R. Martin
- "You can only hold a smile for so long, after that it's just teeth."
- "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward."―
- "For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness." ―
- "It seems to me that what we call beauty in a face lies in the smile." ― Leo Tolstoy
- "A warm smile is the universal language of kindness." – William Arthur Ward
- "I love those who can smile in trouble." ― Leonardo da Vinci
- "I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh."
Sweet quotes about smiling to make you happy
- "There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons." ―
- "Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life." ― Yoko Ono
- "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears." ―
- "There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor." ―
- "If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it." ― Andy Rooney
- "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." ―
- "The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ― William Shakespeare
- "Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be." ―
- "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane." ―
- "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile." ―
- "It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ―
- "Anything with the power to make you laugh over thirty years later isn't a waste of time. I think something like that is very close to immortality." ―
- "Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over." ― Walter Anderson
- "With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come." ―
- "So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?" ―
To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to follow us on Instagram!