Good Morning Messages for Friends Who Mean the Most
Use these special messages and encouraging quotes to help wish your friends a happy morning.
Too often, early morning endearments are reserved for significant others. But the truth is that platonic relationships can benefit from this kind of attention as well. Just because our friends don't provide us with the same kind of intimacy that a husband or wife would, doesn't mean they don't deserve some tender words of appreciation. To help encourage more of these interactions, we've put together a list of good morning messages for friends. Use these blurbs the next time you want to let your pals know just how much they mean, but can't quite find the words.
READ THIS NEXT: 113 Good Morning Messages For Him to Start the Day.
103 Amazing Good Morning Messages for Friends
Blasting out a good morning message isn't always as easy as it sounds. Below, we've put together a list of options to use. We've also organized things based on what kind of message you want to send, whether that's sweet, silly, or something else altogether.
Sweet Good Morning Messages
- Hope you're having a wonderful morning! Good things are coming your way.
- Hope you woke up easy! You're in for a great morning ahead.
- Good morning! Just wanted to let you know that while I have a lot of amazing friends in my life, none compare to you!
- Good morning, dear friend. Thinking of you on this beautiful day.
- Good morning to a great person! Get out there and seize the day.
- I'm sorry I can't be there in person so sending you the biggest good morning hug from afar! Let's touch base later.
- Sending over some good morning wishes for a truly amazing friend.
- Wishing you a very good morning, my friend! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help make the day a great one.
- I hope you slept well! It's such a pleasant morning out today. Wish I could spend it with you!
- Good morning! I hope you were able to wake up gently and ease into the day.
- I just wanted to say that we only get a few truly wonderful friends in this life, and you are certainly one of mine. I hope you have the best morning ever!
- Wishing you a very hearty good morning. Go show the world that lovely smile!
- Hey, friend. Get out there and enjoy this lovely day!
- Hope you're having a wonderful morning! Looking forward to getting together again soon.
- Are you up yet? Just wanted to let you know it's a beautiful day outside. Take some time to soak up that morning sunshine!
- Good morning! Do you have time to grab a cup of coffee? There's no better way to kick off the day than a few laughs with my best friend.
- "Good morning" isn't enough! I hope you have an absolutely AMAZING day!
- Good morning. Trying to get through the morning so I can start planning our evening! See you later.
READ THIS NEXT: 126 Love Messages for Her to Show How Much You Care.
Funny Good Morning Messages for Friends
- Good morning, buddy. Hope it wasn't too hard to get out of bed.
- Wishing you a very good morning, friend. Don't worry, you'll be back home soon enough.
- Good morning, my friend! Don't do anything crazy today.
- I know you aren't a morning person, so I won't expect a text back until later today.
- Rise and shine, my friend. I hope you make it without incident until you've at least had your morning coffee!
- Good morning, bud. Hope you didn't sleep through your alarm…. again.
- Wake up and smell the roses! And if you can't smell the roses, try to at least sniff out some coffee.
- Just a few minutes ago, I had everything I ever wanted. Then, the alarm went off.
- Good morning, friend. Let's see what fresh hell awaits us today.
- Here's my obligatory good morning message. I'll be eagerly awaiting your response.
- Good morning, superstar! How's that for being a supportive friend?!
- Hey, dude. It's a nice day out there. Get out of bed already.
- Good morning. Just curious, you ever have one of those days when you get up and just want to crawl back into bed? Yeah, me neither.
- Good morning. Can you do me a favor and tell me what the heck happened last night?
- Good morning, man. Surprised that this friendship is still intact after last night. Get at it today.
- True friendship is sending over a daily morning message even though you have nothing to say.
- Good morning, pal. Hope you don't do anything stupid today.
- What's better than blue skies in the morning? Blue skies and a thoughtful message from your best friend. Don't worry, you can thank me later.
- Friends send friends good morning messages. Considering this me performing my due diligence.
- Good morning, buddy. I know you had a lot of things you wanted to do today. Looks like getting up early wasn't one of them.
READ THIS NEXT: Good Night Messages to Make Her Feel Special.
Inspirational Good Morning Messages for Friends
- Just wanted to wish my dear friend a wonderful day! I have a feeling it's going to be a productive one.
- Hey, there! I know you had an early morning so just wanted to touch base and wish you the best.
- Good morning, my friend! I know things got off to a rough start, but don't lose hope. You're in for a wonderful day ahead.
- Rise and shine! I hope this morning brings nothing but the best your way.
- Just wanted to touch base before your morning picks up. You are such an amazing friend, I'm lucky to have you in my life.
- Good morning! Let's take the time to smile wide and be grateful for another day.
- Are you up yet? Just wanted to send over a heartfelt good morning message to a dear friend. I hope you know just how much you're loved!
- Good morning, friend! The sooner we start the day, the sooner we start accomplishing our goals. Let's go!
- Rise and shine, buddy! It's time to show the world what you're made of.
- Eyes on the prize this morning! Don't let anything keep you from pursuing your dreams.
- Time to wake up! Do the best you can today, and let yourself make mistakes!
- Good morning, beautiful. Today seems like a great day kick butt.
- Good morning! I hope you slept well, there's a lot to accomplish today.
- Good morning! Get ready to spread that positive energy around the workplace.
- Hope you're having a great morning! I know you're in for a productive day ahead.
- Each morning entitles us to a fresh start. Take advantage and enjoy the day!
- Just know that even though I'm not there with you, you make my morning that much brighter. You are a true friend.
- Good morning. I hope you're having a wonderful day! Things can only get better from here.
- Good morning, beautiful! How many goals do you think we can accomplish today? Some? A few? How about all of them?
- Good morning to my very best friend. Chin up, and maintain that positive attitude today.
- Another day, another new beginning. Get out there and kill it today!
READ THIS NEXT: 50 Cute Things to Say to Your Boyfriend.
Beautiful Morning Messages for Friends
- The sun is out, the birds are chirping, and a lovely morning awaits.
- Good morning, honey. I hope you have an amazing day ahead.
- Smile wide at the world today! It's going to be a great morning.
- Hello! It's always a privilege to say "good morning" to such a wonderful friend.
- Wanted to say good morning to such a special friend. Wishing you a peaceful day and all the happiness in the world.
- Good morning, my friend! Don't hesitate to make someone's morning brighter by flashing a smile.
- Hi friend! Wishing you a blessed morning. It's a beautiful world out there, let's go out and enjoy it!
- No morning is more beautiful than one spent alongside your best friends.
- It's a beautiful morning, which is sure to be followed by a beautiful afternoon. Hope you take the time to soak it all up.
- Good morning, dear! Wishing you nothing but sunny smiles and happy thoughts today.
- Wanted to send over a special good morning message for my very best friend. I don't know how I'd get through this life without you!
- Sending positive vibes to a wonderful soul. I hope you have a very happy morning.
- Just thinking about what a wonderful gift it is to have such a lovely friend in my life. Wishing you nothing but the very best morning!
- You might just be the very reason the sun rises each day. Good morning, friend!
- You woke up today, cracked a smile, and brought the sun out from behind the clouds—and it's still early! Imagine how much more you'll accomplish today.
- Good morning to my most lovely friend. Enjoy the coffee and get some sunshine on your face!
- The only thing more powerful than a warm sunrise is the foundation of our friendship. I'm so lucky to have you in my life!
- I may be far, but I'm picturing you waking up to birds chirping, bright sunshine, and a hot cup of coffee.
- Just your friendly morning reminder to flash that bright smile and live life to the fullest.
Good Morning Quotes for Friends
- "No matter how bad things are, you can at least be happy that you woke up this morning." — D. L. Hughley
- "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." — Marcus Aurelius
- "An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." — Henry David Thoreau
- "I think that when you get dressed in the morning, sometimes you're really making a decision about your behavior for the day. Like if you put on flip-flops, you're saying: 'Hope I don't get chased today.' 'Be nice to people in sneakers.'" — Demetri Martin
- "The sun is new each day." — Heraclitus
- "I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I'd see." — Dick Cheney
- "Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them" — Carmelo Anthony
- "Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who do not" — Christy Chung
- "Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise." — George Washington Carver
- "Be pleasant until 10 o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself." — Elbert Hubbard
- "There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope." — Bernard Williams
- "It is a matter of shame that in the morning the birds should be awake earlier than you." — Abu Bakr
- "I like my coffee black and my mornings bright." — Terri Guillemets
- "It is in the early morning hour that the unseen is seen, and that the far-off beauty and glory, vanquishing all their vagueness, move down upon us till they stand clear as crystal close over against the soul." — Sarah Smiley
- "Today's goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness." — Nanea Hoffman
- "Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have." — Lemony Snicket
- "I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up." — Benjamin Franklin
- "Good morning is a contradiction of terms." — Jim Davis
- "I get up every morning and it's going to be a great day. You never know when it's going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day." — Paul Henderson
- "In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." — Khalil Gibran
- "If you're changing the world, you're working on important things. You're excited to get up in the morning." — Larry Page
- "Do and act on what you believe to be right, and you'll wake up the next morning feeling good about yourself." — Janet Reno
- "God's mercy is fresh and new every morning." — Joyce Meyer
- "Morning without you is a dwindled dawn." — Emily Dickinson
Why Saying "Good Morning" Matters
If saying "good morning" in the workplace is enough to improve morale, can you imagine the impact it might have on someone you actually love? While these small gestures may not seem like a huge deal, they can go a long way in making someone feel seen and appreciated. Keep in mind that not everyone has a huge network of people to offer this kind of support. A message from you might be the only one of its kind someone receives all day. And peppering in a few kind words might make things all the more meaningful.
Besides, doing so might be the first time you've actually started speaking their language—love language, that is. Remember, these experiences aren't just limited to romantic partners. The way we give and receive affection applies to all relationships in our lives. If words of affirmation just happen to be how your friend internalizes tenderness and attachment, then you have all the more reason to fire off a friendly message.
That's it for our list of good morning messages for friends. Be sure to check back with us soon for more endearments to share with the ones you love. You can also sign up for our newsletter so you don't miss out!