25 Mother's Day Messages That Will Warm Her Heart
Blank card giving you writer's block? This is what Mom wants to hear from you on her special day.
Mother's Day is quickly creeping up (this year, it falls on May 10), as evidenced by the greeting card aisle at your favorite store. But while picking out the perfect card or gift isn't always easy, some of us may find it even more difficult deciding what to write for the mom we're celebrating. What does Mom really want to hear on her special day? It'll be different for everyone, which is why we've rounded up some ideas, along with 25 of our favorite Mother's Day messages for you to borrow when it's your turn to put pen to paper.
Of course, the perfect sentiment is the one that reflects the type of relationship you have with your mom, as well as her personality—and yours, of course! You might prefer something funny and lighthearted, or maybe you want to acknowledge your shared faith. Whatever emotion you want to get across, you've come to the right place—we've got funny Mother's Day messages, religious Mother's Day messages, and lots in between! And for more Mother's Day inspiration, check out 13 Quarantine Mother's Day Ideas That Are So Creative.
Sweet Mother's Day Messages
Melt her heart when you scribble down a sweet Mother's Day message on her card this year. You could write about your favorite childhood memory that includes your mom or say something about her journey to becoming a grandparent if that's been a recent thing for her. Feeling stuck? Borrow one of our sweet Mother's Day messages: these tender phrases let her know how much you love her without sounding too saccharine.
1. Happy Mothers Day! Thank you for everything you've done for us over the years. How could we even begin to repay you?
2. Mom, your love gives me strength for today, hope for the future and fond memories of the past. I love you.
Mom, I love you more than words can express. More than ever, you are my very best friend and I'm so thankful to have you in my life.
3. You'll always be my mother, and I'll always be the one who looks up to you. I hope I can be half the mom you have been.
4. Happy Mother's Day to the best mom in the world. I hope today brings you all the love and happiness you deserve.
Cute Mother's Day Messages
There's no need to feel like your Mother's Day message has to be sappy. Just go with whatever comes to mind, like describing a perfect day you spent with your mom or memories of an unforgettable family trip. If you can't conjure up that just-right topic, try one of these lighthearted Mother's Day messages.
5. Mom, this Mother's Day card is from your favorite child. Me, of course!
6. Mom, thanks for making me. I like me. And I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
7. I couldn't ask for a better friend than you, Mom. Thanks for always being there for me.
8. Mom, I totally get it now! You definitely tried to warn me!
Funny Mother's Day Messages
If your mama gave you your sense of humor and always seemed like one of the gang when your friends came over, she'll love a funny Mother's Day message. Remind her of an old family joke, include a riddle you think up, or use one of our funny Mother's Day messages.
9. Happy Mother's Day from the one who kept you on your toes. I'm glad you survived me!
10. Happy Mother's Day! As a gift this year, I'm going to clean the entire house. Actually, that'll never happen, but this card is pretty great, right?
11. Dear Mom, as it turns out, you were right about everything!
12. You're the best mom ever. Even when you won't let me borrow your keys.
Religious Mother's Day Messages
If you and your mom are spiritual people and you grew up attending church every Sunday, she might appreciate these religious Mother's Day messages more than anything else. She'll love knowing how thankful you are for her, not only on her special day, but every day!
13. Mom, you've always been there for me, prayed for me, hoped for me, laughed and cried right alongside me. And for that, I thank you.
14. I thank God every day that you're my mom.
15. God sure blessed me when He made you my mom!
16. Mom, I feel so blessed to share my life with you. You're an inspiration to me, and to my kids. We will always love you.
Traditional Mother's Day Messages
Mom never gets tired of hearing about how much you love her, appreciate her, and acknowledge everything she's done for you. That's why these simple sentiments are the perfect message for your Mother's Day card. List some of her accomplishments, remind her of something she helped you with, or talk about a time that was life-shaping for you. We've included some classic messages here in case you need help.
17. Thank you for everything you've done for me through the years. I know I can always count on you whenever I need anything or just want a hug. Happy Mother's Day!
18. Mom, I love you more than you'll ever know, and I'm so happy to be able to celebrate you this year on Mother's Day!
19. Mom, you mean so much to me, and as the years pass our relationship only grows stronger. Now that I'm a parent, I understand the sacrifices you made for us growing up. Happy Mother's Day.
20. Celebrating a very special person today: YOU! Love you, Mom!
Mother's Day Messages for Your Mother-In-Law
Don't forget about your mother-in-law this Mother's Day! Not only is she the one who raised your partner, she's likely been a positive role model for you, too. List the qualities you admire in her, share a memory from your wedding, or let her know you're excited to see her soon. Need some inspo? Thank her from your heart when you opt for one of these Mother's Day messages for your mother-in-law:
21. You were a wonderful mother to him, and now you're just as wonderful to me. I'm thankful for you. Happy Mother's Day.
22. Thinking of you on Mother's Day and sending you love from afar!
23. Thanks for raising such an amazing man. I love him—and you—more every day.
24. Mother-in-law, I appreciate and admire you, and I'm grateful for everything you've done for us. Happy Mother's Day.
25. I've learned so much from you, and I'm so happy to have you in my life. Happy Mother's Day!