If you have time to stand in line for a cup of coffee, you have time to rev your heart rate and make your muscles feel useful today. Try this quick multi-move exercise and say adios to all those lame excuses about lack of time for fitness. It engages just about every part of your anatomy, says Scott Rankin, CSCS, personal training director at Totum in Toronto. Do 12 reps, then get back to work.
- Grab a pair of lightweight dumbbells and get into a pushup position—arms straight and hands on weight handles directly under your shoulders.
- Do a pushup, Then, bring your feet underneath you, one at a time.
- Keeping your back flat, stand up. (This is a deadlift.)
- From the standing position, curl the weights up to your shoulders.
- Swing your elbows out to your sides so the weights are above your shoulders.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Pause, then stand up as you press the weights over your head. (This is a pushpress.) That's one rep. Return to the pushup position and repeat.
20 Worst Places to Travel in 2020
Even seasoned travelers should be wary of these destinations.
27 Amazing Super Bowl Facts
Be the life of the party on Super Bowl Sunday.
15 Must-Have Items On Sale This Week
Stock up on these essentials at rock-bottom prices.
15 Personalized Rings That Make Perfect Gifts
There's no time like the present to put a ring on it.
Which Is Cheaper: Disneyland or Disney World
We ran the numbers, and the results will surprise you.
17 Signs You're a Narcissist and Don't Know It
Is it always about you? Here's how you can tell.