If you have time to stand in line for a cup of coffee, you have time to rev your heart rate and make your muscles feel useful today. Try this quick multi-move exercise and say adios to all those lame excuses about lack of time for fitness. It engages just about every part of your anatomy, says Scott Rankin, CSCS, personal training director at Totum in Toronto. Do 12 reps, then get back to work.
- Grab a pair of lightweight dumbbells and get into a pushup position—arms straight and hands on weight handles directly under your shoulders.
- Do a pushup, Then, bring your feet underneath you, one at a time.
- Keeping your back flat, stand up. (This is a deadlift.)
- From the standing position, curl the weights up to your shoulders.
- Swing your elbows out to your sides so the weights are above your shoulders.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Pause, then stand up as you press the weights over your head. (This is a pushpress.) That's one rep. Return to the pushup position and repeat.
This Homesick Candle Is Basically Christmas in a Jar
Fill your home with delicious scent of the holidays with Homesick's Mistletoe candle.
This Is How Your Body Changes After 40
Your body isn't the well-oiled machine is once was.
18 Stars Who Are Not on Social Media
You can't tweet these celebs.
These Are the Germiest Spots at the Mall
Don't forget the hand sanitizer.
Meet Lilou, San Francisco International Airport's Adorable Therapy Pig
Air travel just got so much cuter.
This CEO's Touching Story About Helping a Working Mother Will Warm Your Heart
"Kindness is a strength, not a weakness."