If you have time to stand in line for a cup of coffee, you have time to rev your heart rate and make your muscles feel useful today. Try this quick multi-move exercise and say adios to all those lame excuses about lack of time for fitness. It engages just about every part of your anatomy, says Scott Rankin, CSCS, personal training director at Totum in Toronto. Do 12 reps, then get back to work.
- Grab a pair of lightweight dumbbells and get into a pushup position—arms straight and hands on weight handles directly under your shoulders.
- Do a pushup, Then, bring your feet underneath you, one at a time.
- Keeping your back flat, stand up. (This is a deadlift.)
- From the standing position, curl the weights up to your shoulders.
- Swing your elbows out to your sides so the weights are above your shoulders.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Pause, then stand up as you press the weights over your head. (This is a pushpress.) That’s one rep. Return to the pushup position and repeat.
The 18 Most Memorable Award Show Flubs of All Time
And the winner for Best Face Plant is...
The Story Behind "Downton Abbey's" Biggest Death
"I was a marked man," the creator told Best Life.
50 Totally Amazing Facts We Learned from Snapple Bottle Caps
These crazy bits of trivia will leave you thirsty for more!
50 “Rare” Events That Happen All the Time
Um, being born with teeth is how common?!
30 Funny Fall Memes for People Who Are Obsessed With Autumn
Celebrate the season with these really gourd memes!
12 New Stars About to Burst Onto Your TV Screens This Fall
Tons of budding talent is coming from the small screen.