40 Two-Sentence Horror Stories That Will Send Shivers Down Your Spine
These short stories make for some serious fright night delights.
When you don't have time to watch a scary movie, there's the subreddit Two-Sentence Horror Stories. It's populated with short, frightening delights about everything from the apocalypse and asylums to monsters under the bed and mirrors with moving reflections. For fans of horror and frightening fiction, two-sentence horror stories are the perfect way to get a quick thrill. With that being said, we've rounded up some of the scariest, creepiest, and shortest horror stories that Reddit has to offer. Keep reading at your own risk.
Creepy Two-Sentence Stories
- "My daughter's smiling face greeted me from my driveway as I returned home from a hard day. Where is the rest of her?"
- "I can't move, breathe, speak, or hear and it's so dark all the time. If I knew it would be this lonely, I would have been cremated instead."
- "She asked why I was breathing so heavily. I wasn't."
- "Growing up with cats and dogs, I got used to the sounds of scratching at my door while I slept. Now that I live alone, it is much more unsettling."
- "Don't look behind you. It doesn't like to be seen."
- "There's a girl standing outside my window. The only problem is I live on the seventh floor."
- "I said I would babysit my niece. That was before I met Stacy, her imaginary friend."
- "No matter how much we fight, my wife will always prepare my coffee in the morning. Though this time, it did taste a little like almonds."
- "When I smiled, she did not smile back. Something is very wrong with this mirror."
- "As a biologist, I love all of my animals. But I sometimes wonder to myself if any of them still remember that they used to be human."
- "Us being twins, my brother and I often share experiences and sensations. I only wish he had warned me before getting open heart surgery."
- "Yesterday I wrote the number 69 on my wrist as a joke. Today it's 68, and now it's not washing off."
- "I saw a severed arm in the dumpster. It gave me a thumbs up when I walked by."
- "No matter how hard I struggled, I couldn't get free of the chains I was bound in. I only hoped they'd hold once the full moon came out."
- "After years of research and hard work, we'd finally done it. We'd made it contagious."
- "That jerk just gave me the middle finger! I swear your honor, I don't know where the rest of the body is."
- "The world was thrilled with the announcement that the first mission to Mars would be an all-female crew. One year later, the world was terrified when they all returned pregnant."
- "My four-year-old said he wished that people didn't have to knock. I told him about doorbells, and he asked me to install one on his window."
- "Did you know that there's no such thing as a 'left-handed' person? There are your kind, and then there are those of us who escaped from the other side of your mirror."
- "I open the door to a policeman who tells me my husband died in a car crash on the way home. As I turn my head to see him eating the dinner I just served, he starts grinning at me."
Scary Two-Sentence Stories
- "I came home after my weeklong trip away and took a shower. I pressed the only towel in the room against my face and discovered it was already wet."
- "I twisted and rolled over in bed, then froze as I saw something distinctly not human smile at me through my window. My heart almost stopped when I noticed it was a reflection."
- "I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, 'Daddy, check for monsters under my bed.' I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, 'Daddy, there's somebody on my bed.'"
- "Alone in my room, I sneezed softly. 'Bless you,' someone said."
- "We smiled proudly as our daughter went on her bus for her first day of school. Our hearts dropped when the real bus arrived two minutes later."
- "I love diving into the deepest parts of the ocean where you can't even see the bottom! This time, I can't see the surface, either."
- "It's been 315 days since the global outbreak, 187 days since I realized I might be the only survivor, and 3 days since the two of us found each other in the wreckage of the world and regained hope. I'd been alone so long I almost forgot that hallucinating imaginary companions is the first sign of infection."
- "The world ending in 2012 wasn't a prophecy, it was a suggestion. We should have listened, but now He's here."
- "It seemed like my essential oils and vitamins were starting to clear up my symptoms. There was no real need to tell the rest of the group that I'd been bitten."
- "'You look like death,' he said, brows furrowed with concern. A wide, wan smile crossed my face, flattered to be recognized, as I hooked him with my scythe and pulled him downward into the abyss."
- "A pandemic has wiped out over 99 percent of humanity, but don't worry. It only spreads to those who know about it."
- "As I watched the sun set from my villa in Paris, I received terrifying news from across the globe. The sun had set in New Zealand, too."
- "I love these clap-on lights! Just one problem with them: When I clap to turn them on, something under my bed claps to turn them off."
- "I heard screams echo all around me. I'm deaf."
- "After I asked the crystal ball to tell me how to escape death, I was very confused as it read, 'No thanks honey, I'm full.' However, something clicked in my head when my wife offered me cake after dinner."
- "Yesterday, I figured out how my curse worked. Apparently, only people in danger can see what I write."
- "I think I might be the most successful serial killer in history. The best part is telling their loved ones we did everything we could."
- "Punctuality has never been my strong suit. As I sit here and watch the last ship leave for new Earth, I wish it was."
- "Spend 24 hours locked in the old insane asylum and win a million dollars. It's been 26 hours, so why is the door still locked?"
- "My brother and I sit down with the Ouija board, and we both place our hands on the planchette. He says, 'Cole, are you here with me?' and I move the planchette to 'yes.'"