149 Tinder Pick-Up Lines That Will Definitely Get You a Date
Use these to break the ice with your hottest matches.
You may know some standard, old-school pick-up lines, but most of those won't do you much good in the world of online dating. In the real world, body language, chemistry, and circumstance can also help draw someone in. But online dating environments like Tinder aren't as forgiving. One wrong word, and you may be unmatched and never to be messaged again.
At a time when initial romantic introductions are increasingly taking place online, we need to come up with new ways to stand out to prospective partners—ones that don't abash or offend. And while cheesy pick-up lines may not seem like the most obvious choice, they do seem to successfully break the ice some of the time.
A 2021 study published in Computers of Human Behavior found that lines like, "Do you have any raisins? No? How about a date?" or "Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only 10 I see!" were actually more well-received by women than other, more generic introductions.
Cringy as they are, pick-up lines can be an easy, low-pressure way to start a conversation with someone you're trying to get to know. Even if your match is rolling their eyes behind their phone, you can always engage further by asking them for their favorite line instead. So, for even more Tinder pick-up lines to use during these online encounters, read on below.
What Is Tinder?
Tinder first launched back in 2012, revolutionizing the dating game entirely. The app operates on a "swipe right, swipe left" model, where users swipe right on profiles they like and left on profiles they don't. If two users both swipe right on each other's profiles, they are considered a match and can message each other within the platform.
You can also set a radius based on your current location, allowing you to explore potential partners as close to home—or as far away—as you want.
Since launching, Tinder has expanded its features to include the ability to share pictures and videos and connect with people through various other social media platforms. The app is available on both iOS and Android devices.
While plenty of other dating apps have followed, there's something about Tinder that people keep gravitating toward. Maybe it's that the app was one of the first to arrive on the scene or the the user-friendly design that keeps daters coming back.
What we can rely on is the data. According to the media and information brand Business of Apps, Tinder's revenue continues to regularly outpace that of its competitors Hinge, Bumble, OkCupid, and Plenty of Fish.
Important Tinder Conversation Tips
A good pick-up line can help you make a good first impression, but the rest is up to you. The anonymity we enjoy online makes it tempting to say things we wouldn't normally in real life, but remember that there's a real person on the other end of your conversation. The best Tinder conversations keep these points in mind:
- Personalization: Tailor each message toward the person you're talking to, and include specific details from their profile to show you've taken the time to read it.
- Tone: Choose a tone that is friendly and conversational, not aggressive or disrespectful.
- Spelling and Grammar: Avoid typos and use proper grammar for a good first impression.
- Timing: Consider the time of day before pressing "send," even if you are convinced you've come up with the best pick-up line of all time. As the saying goes, nothing good happens after 2 a.m.
- Respectful Language: Avoid using language that is offensive, rude, or discriminatory.
- Length: Keep your message concise and to the point. Anything longer than may not be fully read or appreciated. It might even freak your recipient out.
Cheesy Pick-Up Lines for Tinder
- Are you a magician? Because every time I look at your profile, everyone else disappears.
- Is it just me or are we a match made in swiping heaven?
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got "fine" written all over you.
- Do you mind if I walk you home? My mother always told me to follow my dreams.
- I must have had too much coffee today because I can't stop staring at your profile.
- Are you a wifi signal? Because I feel a strong connection.
- Are you a bank loan? Because you've got my interest.
- You're sweeter than 3.14. Tell me I just won the cheesy pick-up line competition?
- Two wrongs don't make right, but two rights make a perfect match.
- Hey, I'm writing an article on the finer things in life and I was hoping I could interview you.
- Did you fall into a pile of sugar? You look super sweet.
- I'm no organ donor but I'd be happy to give you my heart.
- Are your parents bakers? Because they sure know how to make a cutie pie.
- Are you a time traveler? 'Cause I've been waiting for you all my life.
- A broken pencil is pointless but so is a life without you.
- If you were words on a page, you'd be the fine print.
- Do you watch Star Wars? Because Yoda only one for me.
- I'm researching important dates in history, do you want to be mine?
- Do you have a map? Because I just got lost in your eyes.
- If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cutecumber.
- Do you have a time machine? Because I see us together in the future.
- Do you have a sun tan, or are you always this hot?
- Excuse me, but I think you dropped something: my jaw.
- I don't believe in love at first sight, but I'm willing to make an exception for you.
Funny Tinder Pick-Up Lines
- Do you have a spark of romance, or are you all fire?
- Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- Do you have a compass? Because I'm lost without you.
- Your eyes are like IKEA. I'm totally lost in them.
- Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
- You may as well start calling me Shrek because I'm head ogre heels for you.
- Do you ever lie down at night, look up at the stars and think about all the messed-up things in the world? Like, why is there a D in "fridge" but no D in "refrigerator"?
- Are you one of the pioneers of flight? Because seem just Wright for me.
- Is your name Google? Because you have everything I've been searching for.
- Are you my appendix? Because this feeling in my stomach makes me want to take you out.
- I'm researching important dates in history, do you want to be mine?
- Do you play soccer? Because you're a keeper.
- I'd like to take you to the movies, but they don't let you bring in your own snacks.
- I've got a good sense of humor so let's see how my pick-up line game is.
- Do you believe in love at first swipe or do I need to swipe right again?
- Do you have a fire in your heart, or just in your profile picture?
- Are you a UFO? Because you just abducted my heart.
- Do you have a cape? Because you're my superhero.
The Best Tinder Pick-Up Lines for Girls
- Are you a nice guy or should I have paid more attention to that true crime podcast?
- Do you like bagels? Because you're bae goals.
- Oh, by the way, I'm wearing that smile you gave me.
- Oh, you have a dog! Does that mean I'll never win the best-ever cuddler title?
- I'd say you're the bomb, but that could turn into a lethal conversation…
- If you're as good at cuddling as you are good-looking, I'm signing myself up on the waitlist for a date.
- They say Tinder is a numbers game, so can I get yours?
- Tell me, what can I say to impress you?
- I want you to know that I am 100% committed to this Tinder relationship.
- I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be stranded on a deserted island with.
- Are you a Dementor? Because you just took my breath away.
- Mind if I tie your shoes? I'd hate to see you falling for anyone else.
- Just want to point out that if you want to message me first, you still can.
- I don't need your astrology sign, but I do want to know what your late-night Seamless order is.
- How do you feel about leggings? May or may not inform my outfit on our first date.
- What's the worst opening line you've ever got on a dating app? (It can't be this one.)
- Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
- Sorry, but you owe me a drink because when I looked at you, I dropped mine.
- If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
- Quick! Settle a bet, are you someone that's going to match with me on this app but who never actually messages me?
Best Pick-Up Lines for Guys on Tinder
- Did your license get suspended for driving all these guys crazy?
- We're a match! The next step is to pick a wedding date, right?
- What's a perfect gentleman like myself doing without your phone number?
- Hey gorgeous, will you be my Tinderella?
- I had the best pick-up line on the way, but I saw you and now I'm speechless.
- Gosh! Stop messaging me! You're blowing up my inbox!
- There's only one thing I want to change about you, and that's your last name.
- I'd say you're as beautiful as a Greek goddess, but from what I can remember from history class, they were all pretty crazy.
- Not to be cheesy, but oh my god you're gorgeous!
- No wonder the sky is gray today. All the blue is in your eyes.
- Are we, like, married now?
- Your profile stopped me in my tracks.
- No pen, no paper… but you still "draw" my attention.
- Do you know how to train butterflies? The ones in my stomach right now are quite untamed.
- Something's wrong with my eyes because I can't take them off of you.
- I usually go for 8s but I guess I'll settle for a 10.
- Are you German? Because I'd like to be Ger-man.
- Do I know you? Because you look like my next girlfriend?
- My buddies bet me that I wouldn't be able to start a conversation with the hottest girl on Tinder. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?
Clever Tinder Pick-Up Lines
- So I've been trying to come up with a good psychology pick-up line for you, but I'm a-Freud I couldn't come up with any.
- Wanna hear my cheesiest pick-up line? "We'd be gouda together."
- Are you the square root of one? Because you seriously can't be real.
- How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.
- If you were an equation, you'd be an e^x because you're exponential.
- Do you have a library card? Because I'm checking you out.
- Do you believe in love at first byte?
- Favorite drink?
- The finer things in life are better with you.
- Not much of a bio, so do you mind if I lightning-round you a couple of questions?
- Titanic? That's my icebreaker. What's up?
- We could go to the hottest bar and you would still be the hottest thing in the room.
- Are you a Star Trek fan? Because you're the object of my affection.
- Do you have a lightsaber? Because you just took my breath away.
- Are you a wizard? Because you've got me under your spell.
- Do you play D&D? Because you're a natural 20 in my book.
- Let's have a GIF war—I'll start with this one of me!
- When our friends ask us how we met, what are we going to tell them? Funny answers only.
- Are you https? 'Cuz without you I'm just ://
- Are you a computer programmer? Because you have my heart in an infinite loop.
- Do you have a Pokéball? Because I want to catch you.
- Are you a science fiction fan? Because you're out of this world.
- Do you have a time machine? Because I'd love to go back to the beginning of our conversation.
- Are you a gamer? Because I think we have a real connection.
- Do you have a TARDIS? Because I'd love to travel through time and space with you.
- Are you a superhero? Because you have all the powers I need in my life.
Cute Pick-Up Lines for Tinder
- If you were a book, would you be fiction or nonfiction?
- I think you're super cute and funny. That's it. That's the line.
- I woke up thinking today was just another boring Monday, and then I saw your photo on my app.
- If you were a movie, what kind of movie would you be?
- Send me your favorite GIF so I can get a better sense of who you are.
- I know that everyone talks about this on dating apps, but if loving The Office is wrong, then I don't want to be Dwight.
- What's your definition of a good weekend?
- So, come here often?
- Forget icebreakers. Let us get to the good stuff: What brings you the most joy?
- If you were a triangle you'd be acute one.
- On a lazy Sunday: Netflix all day, getting lost in a museum, or cuddling with me?
- If we were at home, cuddling on a rainy Sunday morning, what would we have for breakfast?
- If you could be any comic book character, who would you choose?
- Hooking up is cool, but have you ever matched with someone on a dating app and had them send a really good first message?
- Do you believe in love at first swipe, or should we unmatch and then match again?
- Does swiping through this dating app count as exercise?
- Is our anniversary when we first matched or when we first messaged?
- Aww, you're so considerate to let me start this conversation.
Funny Pick-Up Lines for Hooking Up
- We matched! Does that mean you're coming over to my place tonight, or should we meet and establish we aren't serial killers or living with our parents first?
- Hey, my name's Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
- I'm not a dentist, but I bet I could give you a filling.
- Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I'll give it back.
- I'd give up my morning cereal to spoon you instead.
- Do you have a magic carpet? Because I want to ride you to the moon and back.
- I just bought kiss-proof lipstick, and I need a lab partner to test its claims. Are you in?
- You sound busy, any chance of adding me to your to-do list?
- Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you—drinks this week?
- You're pretty and I'm cute. Wanna be pretty cute together?
- I must be a beaver because I'm dying for your wood.
- If I told you that you had a great body, would you hold it against me?
- Choose: Your place or mine?
- I am new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
- I've heard it said that kissing is the "language of love." Would you care to have a conversation with me about it sometime?
- Damn, you're a knockout. Was your father a boxer, or did you just get lucky with the gene pool?
- Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants.
- My mom told me not to talk to strangers online, but I'll make an exception for you.
- Wasn't expecting to match with [insert hot celebrity they look like] tonight!
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together.
- When I make you breakfast in the morning, what would you like?
- Just saw you on Spotify. Congrats on being the hottest single.
- What is a nice person like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?
- You look so familiar… didn't we take a class together? I could've sworn we had chemistry.
That's it for our list of Tinder pick-up lines, but be sure to check back in with us soon for more ways to break the ice! You can also sign up for our newsletter to enjoy similar kinds of content, as well as the latest in health, entertainment, and travel.