83 Funny Love Jokes for Every Hopeless Romantic
Love hurts, but it also amuses. Go ahead—crack a smile!
They say laughter is the key to a happy relationship, and they might be right. Research shows that the longer a couple is together, the more likely humor and tenderness are to take over their communication. So sharing a few funny jokes isn't just a good way to entertain a crowd—it's also an effective way to keep you and your partner close and connected. Not sure where to start? Read on for some of the silliest, most sentimental love jokes around and inject some more humor into your romance.
Why Love Jokes Are Actually Good for You
Not only is laughter a great way to boost your mood and reduce stress, but it can also help solidify your bond with someone special. A 2015 study published in the journal Personal Relationships identified laughter as an indicator of relationship well-being. According to the authors, the behavior is associated with key relational benefits, including "greater closeness and social support."
It isn't only partnered individuals who can benefit from sharing a laugh about love, either. Humor has long been celebrated as an effective communication tool. And finding funny ways to discuss the complexities of modern dating has been a welcome development for single people around the world.
These little quips have even made their way into the pop culture zeitgeist, bringing with them brand new ways of talking about love and relationships. Storytelling and standup specials like Fieldling Endlow's Gaslighting Is My Love Language, Jen Kirkman's I'm Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine), and Joel Kim Booster's Psychosexual are just a few of the laugh-till-you-cry meditations on romance (and the lack of it) that have entertained audiences in recent years. While the list of jokes below won't exactly equip you to headline your own, we do guarantee a chuckle or two.
Hilarious Jokes About Love
Whether you just started dating or have been married for decades, every couple could use a few more laughs. Read on for our favorite jokes about love.
Corny Love Jokes
- A couple are on a date at a fancy restaurant. The woman tells the man to say something to her that will get her heart racing. He replies, "I forgot my wallet."
- What's the difference between love and marriage? Love is one long, sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
- My new girlfriend works at the zoo. She's a keeper.
- Have you seen the romantic comedy about bread? It's called Loaf Actually.
- My girlfriend told me she was leaving me because I keep pretending to be a Transformer. I said, "No, wait! I can change."
- I always wanted to marry an archeologist. The older I would get, the more interested she would become.
- My girlfriend is the square root of -100. She's a perfect 10, but purely imaginary.
- My girlfriend said, "You act like a detective too much. I want to split up." I said, "Good idea. We can cover more ground that way."
- Just went on a date with a welder. Man, were the sparks flying.
- Did you hear about the porcupine who was near-sighted? The poor fellow fell in love with a pincushion.
- My boyfriend and I met on the internet. My mother asked him what line he used on me, and my boyfriend replied, "I just used a modem."
- My girlfriend isn't talking to me. She said I ruined her birthday. But how's that even possible? I didn't even know it was her birthday.
- If I ever have a heart transplant, I'd want my ex's. It's never been used.
- The T-Rex told his girlfriend, "I love you this much," as he stretched out his arms as far as he could. His girlfriend said, "That's not very much."
- I'm still single on Star Wars Day. Apparently, I've been looking for love in Alderaan places.
- There were two antennas who met on a roof, fell in love, and decided to get married. The ceremony was nothing fancy, but you could tell that they had a strong connection.
- My girlfriend and I often laugh about how competitive we are. But, I laugh more.
- This girl from Tinder asked me why I have an unlit cigarette in my picture. I told her I'm just looking for matches.
- My partner says I'm too skeptical. But, I don't believe a word they say.
- I got lost in your eyes. But I also get lost in most department stores, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
- They say kissing is a love language. Do you want to start a conversation?
- If a man opens the car door for his date, you can assume one of two things must be true. Either the girl is new or the car is new.
- Wife: "In my dream, I saw you in a jewelry store and you bought me a diamond ring."
Husband: "I had the same dream and I saw your dad paying the bill."
- If I have to choose between men and shoes, I will always choose shoes. They tend to last longer.
- A man invited a woman over to his home for a seven-course meal. "That's lovely," she said. "What are we going to have?" He said, "A hot dog and a six-pack of beer."
- Did you hear about the notebook that married the pencil? She finally found Mr. Write.
- I said, "I love you so much. I could never live without you." My girlfriend giggled and asked, "Is that you talking or the beer?" I explained, "It's me talking to the beer."
- How did the astronaut's girlfriend respond when he proposed to her in outer space? "I'm so happy I can't breathe!"
- They keep saying the right person will come along. I think mine got lost.
Short Love Jokes
- What did the woman with a broken leg say to her crush? "I've got a crutch on you!"
- Why did the banker break up with his girlfriend? He was losing interest.
- What happened when the candle started dating? It found the perfect match.
- Why should you avoid falling in love with a pastry chef? Because he'll dessert you eventually.
- What happened when the two vampires went on a first date? It was love at first bite.
- What did one boat say to the other? "Are you up for a little row-mance?"
- How did the telephone propose to his girlfriend? It gave her a ring.
- How do tightrope walkers find romance? Online dating.
- Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
- What happens when you fall in love with a chef? You get buttered up.
- How do you get a farm girl to like you? A tractor.
- What did the hopeless romantic baker say to his dough? "I knead you."
- Why did the melons get married in a church? Because they cantaloupe.
- What do you get when you kiss a dragon? Burnt lips.
- What did the barista say to her crush? "I like you a latte."
- What did one volcano say to the other volcano? "I lava you!"
- What did one raspberry say to the other? "I love you berry much."
- What do you call two ants sharing a slice of pizza in Italy? Rome-ants.
- Why did the square break up with the circle? She wasn't edgy enough.
- Why should you never date a tennis player? Because love means nothing to them.
- Why did the lion break up with his girlfriend? Because she was a cheetah.
- What did one light bulb say to the other? "I love you watts and watts."
- What do you say to your single friends on Valentine's Day? "Happy Independence Day!"
- What does a ghost call their romantic partner? A ghoul friend.
- What do you call two birds who are in love? Tweet hearts.
- What did the light bulb say to the switch? "You turn me on."
Flirty Jokes and One-Liners for Her
- I want to be with someone that will look at me the way I look at chocolate cake.
- The funniest joke of all time is my love life.
- You can't buy love, but you can pay dearly for it.
- Let's commit the perfect crime together. I'll steal your heart and you can steal mine.
- I want to spend the rest of my life trying to get out of debt with you.
- If you were a potato, you'd be a sweet one.
- I just saw two zombies on a date. And they say romance is dead…
- I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I think you're the grate-est.
- Do you have a bandage? I must have scraped my knee falling for you.
- Are you a cat? Because you are purrfect.
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past again?
- Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?
- Is your name Dunkin? Because I donut want to spend another day without you.
- You're so sweet, you put Hershey's out of business.
- Is your name WI-FI because I'm sensing a strong connection?
- Never laugh at your girlfriend's choices. You are one.
- Forget about the butterflies. When I am with you, I feel the whole zoo.
- You are like my dentures. I can't smile without you.
- Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and me together.
- I must be a snowflake because I've fallen for you.
- Do you like Mexican food? Because I want to wrap you in my arms and make you my BAE-ritto.
- Four plus four equals eight, but you plus me equals fate.
- Are you a florist? Because ever since I met you, my life has been rosy.
- Is there an airport nearby, or is it my heart taking off?
- You're like a dictionary. You add meaning to my life.
- I used to date a girl who reported the weather. We had a stormy relationship.
- We're not socks, but I think we'd make a great pair.
That's it for our list of love jokes, but be sure to check back in with us soon for more fun. You can also sign up for our newsletter so you don't miss out on what's next!