50 Fantastic Fall Quotes About Everyone's Favorite Season
You'll love leafing through these quotes!
There are so many reasons why fall is the best season ever. The weather is wonderful, you can replace all of your drinks with PSLs, and it's the only time of year you can go apple picking. Because fall is so great, hundreds of writers have penned thousands of lovely quotes about fall. In order to get you as excited as possible about this stunning season, we've rounded up the best fall quotes. Cozy up with a hot cup of tea and get to reading them—these odes to autumn will make you want to savor every second of the season.
Inspirational fall quotes you'll adore
- "Autumn… the year's last, loveliest smile." —William Cullen Bryant
- "I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." —Henry David Thoreau
- "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." —L.M. Montgomery
- "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." —Jim Bishop
- "Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower." —Albert Camus
- "Put on your dresses, scarlet and gold, for summer is gone and the days grow old." —George Eliot
- "Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale." —Lauren DeStefano
- "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." —Stanley Horowitz
- "Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul!" —Peggy Toney Horton
- "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house." —Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground." —Andrea Gibson
- "The sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and Autumn was awakened." —Raquel Franco
- "If a year was tucked inside a clock, then Autumn would be the magic hour." —Victoria Erickson
- "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."—Elizabeth Lawrence
- "Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer." —Wallace Stegner
Cute fall quotes that are sweet as pie
- "Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year." —Chad Sugg
- "Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end." —Remy de Gourmon
- "Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple."—J.K.Rowling
- "Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground."—Andrea Gibson
- "For anyone who lives in the oak-and-maple area of New England, there is a perennial temptation to plunge into a purple sea of adjectives about October." —Hal Borland
- "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." —Emily Bronte
- "Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature." —Friedrich Nietzsche
- "I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived. And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift." —Dodinsky
- "Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have." —Unknown
- "Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable…the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street…by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese." —Hal Borland
- "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves." —Ann Drake
- "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." —John Burroughs
- "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits." —Samuel Butler
- "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face." —John Donne
- "October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter." —Nova S. Blair
Lovely autumn quotes to help you appreciate the season
- "It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it." —Diana Gabaldon
"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all." —Stanley Horowitz
- "…I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." —Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "Dancing of the autumn laves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake." —Mehmet Murat Ildan
- "Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day." —Shira Tamir
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky." —Percy Bysshe Shelley
- "September days are here, with summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer." —Helen Hunt Jackson
- "Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence." —Yoko Ono
- "There are no days so delightful as those of a fine October." —Alexander Smith
- "Autumn's the mellow time." —William Allingham
- "We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!" —Humbert Wolfe
- "A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer's wave goodbye." —Unknown
- "Leaves are falling. Autumn is calling." —Unknown
- "I loved autumn, the season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it." —Lee Maynard
- "Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year's end and day's beginnings." —Teri Guillemets
- "If I were a bird, I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns." —George Eliot
- "There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves." —Joe L. Wheeler
- "Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods." —William Wordsworth
- "It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon." —Sarah Addison Allen
To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to follow us on Instagram!
33 Old Slang Terms Kids Will Never Understand
We hope we cut the mustard with this one!
Why Wedding Rings Are Worn on the Left Hand
The tradition is rooted in since-debunked science.
13 Great Oscar-Winning Performances
How many have you seen?
Can You Answer These '90s Trivia Questions?
These nostalgic questions might just stump you!
Can You Answer These '80s Trivia Questions?
Even kids who grew up in the 1980s might struggle!
Can You Answer These '70s Trivia Questions?
How much do you remember about the 1970s?