50 Math Jokes and Puns That Will Make Everyone Laugh
You can count on these short math quips for a good chuckle.
The world of math is far removed from the world of jokes—unless you're joking about how unbearable math is, of course! Sure, basic arithmetic is tolerable enough, but it's all downhill from there. So, whether you've long put Geometry 101 behind you or are currently dreading an upcoming trig exam, try to find some humor in the situation. With these laugh-out-loud math jokes at your disposal, you can count on a good chuckle, no matter what problem you're facing.
Funny Math Jokes
- Why do numbers that aren't visible by two have trouble making friends? Because they're odd.
- Why were the students worried when they saw the math teacher holding graph paper? They knew she was plotting something!
- I'll do any kind of math you want, except graphing. Graphing is where I draw the line!
- What's the most common shape at Disney World? A line!
- What's an opinion without 3.14? It's just an onion!
- What's a math teacher's favorite sum? Summer!
- What did the calculator say to the student? You can always count on me.
- There are three types of people in the world…Those who can count, and those who can't!
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?…Pi in the sky.
- Why was the student upset when his math teacher called him average? It was a mean thing to say!
- Why did the math professor divide sin by tan? Just cos.
- Why was the geometry lecture so long? The professor kept going off on a tangent!
- Why didn't the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel? Because it had more cents!
- Why should you never talk to Pi? Because she'll go on and on and on and on and on and on and on….
- What did the students call their algebra teacher after he spent all summer at the beach? A tangent.
- What do you get when you put a sin-gerine over a cos-gerine? A tan-gerine.
Math Jokes for Kids
- You know why I study geometry every day? Because it keeps me in shape.
- What are 20 things you can always count on? Your fingers and toes!
- Why did the teacher decide to teach math? Because it's the only subject that counts.
- What did one math book say to the other? Stop bothering me… I've got my own problems!
- Why did the student sit on the floor to do her multiplication problems? The teacher told her not to use tables!
- What do you call a number that can't keep still? A roamin' numeral!
- Are monsters good at math? No… unless you Count Dracula!
- What did zero say to eight? Hey, nice belt!
- What's a nocturnal bird's favorite type of math? Owl-gebra!
- Why did the two 4's skip lunch? They already 8!
- Why doesn't anyone talk to circles? There's just no point.
- How do you make seven an even number? Just remove the "s!"
- Why do plants hate math? Because it gives them square roots!
- How do you get warm in a cold room? Just stand in the corner. It's always 90 degrees!
- (You know this one!) Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9!
- Come to the nerd side. We have pi.
- Come on, all math puns aren't groaners… just sum of them.
- Why is it hard to tell the numerator and the denominator apart? There's just a fine line between them.
- What do you call a wizard who can add any two numbers in his head? A mathemagician.
- What is the official animal of Pi Day? The pi-thon.
- Why couldn't 4 get into the club? The bouncer thought he was 2 square!
- Why was the math test so sad? Because it had too many unsolved problems.
- Why couldn't the angle get a loan? His parents wouldn't cosine.
- What do you call two dudes who bond over math? Algebros!
- Where do math teachers go on vacation? To Times Square!
- Those parallel lines have so much in common… It's a shame they'll never meet…
- What did Al Gore play on his guitar? An algorithm!
- What was Sir Isaac Newton's favorite dessert? Apple pi.
- Why didn't they serve beer at the math party? Because you should never drink and derive.
- What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?… Moon Pi.Why should you never get in an argument with an obtuse triangle? Because they're never right!
- Why did the Romans think algebra was so easy? They knew X was always 10!
- The farmer only counted 297 cows in the field… But when he rounded them up, he had 300!
- Did you hear the joke about the statistician?…probably.
- If you start making too many math puns, beware—that's the first sine of madness.