12 Hilarious Questions Young People Have About the '90s
Prepare to feel very old.
Remember last month when a bunch of Generation Zers were baffled by the purpose of the darkroom on Stranger Things and made everyone over the age of 25 feel collectively ancient?
*crumbles further into dust* pic.twitter.com/VRYFCdm6xE
— justice for the spag one (@soapachu) July 26, 2019
Well, how people developed photos before the iPhone era isn't the only thing kids today are scratching their heads over. On Twitter, there are tons of young people asking questions about the '90s that'll make your jaw drop.
1. Like this young lady who doesn't understand the concept of carrying a camera around generally.
Did people in the 90s carry around disposable cameras in their purses for when they wanted to take pictures with each other?
— Emily Blake (@emdog_ftw) August 11, 2017
2. And this perplexed youth who wonders what entertainment looked like before Fortnite.
Did people in the 90s really just play cards when they were hanging out?????
— maddy (@magicmaddy) January 31, 2018
3. This one isn't familiar with the concept of dry scalp.
Why were there so many dandruff shampoo commercials in the '80s & '90s? Did people have more dandruff then?
— Mehreen (@GrrlMD) October 8, 2015
4. And this young lady can't understand what happened in the '90s when you got separated from your mom in the grocery story.
How did people in the 90s find their moms when they lost them in the grocery store?
— ✨ Katy ✨ (@plattypie) January 4, 2015
Well, Katy, you had to find a security guard or police officer to help you relocate her. Or get someone behind the register to loudly proclaim into the microphone "PAGING BILLY'S MOM. BILLY IS WAITING FOR YOU AT THE CHECKOUT COUNTER," thereby deepening your shame.
5. This book lover still doesn't know what "CD" stands for.
I'm reading a book right now and they keep referring to "computer discs"….did people in the 90s really call CD's COMPUTER DISCS?? pic.twitter.com/h8LLIpd0sr
— bookbabble (@_bookbabble_) September 28, 2018
It's compact disc, kid!
6. And this sprightly young thing who will never know the joy of watching TV and hearing the doorbell ring, only to find your best friend!
Did people really just drive to their friend's houses unannounced back in the #90s like in the tv shows? Whether yesorno, can we start this?
— Kara Taylor (@karaamarcum) November 28, 2014
7. This youngster just outed millennials for one of the many slang terms that hasn't aged well.
Did people in the 90s really say "all that and a bag of chips"
— petty wap (@BarbikaDoll) April 3, 2019
8. And this one definitely never saw Can't Hardly Wait.
Did people in the 90s really wear ski goggles everyday as fashion.
— Chris Kolis (@glennscrollis) December 20, 2013
For reference, here is Seth Green looking appropriately angsty in the 1998 teen drama.
9. This Gen Zer was obviously not an *NSYNC fan.
why did people in the 90s pronounce "me" as "May" in songs #imjustsaying
— iDream of Meanie (@Meanie_Pantz) March 10, 2010
10. And this one questioned the most beloved TV couple of the '90s!
did people in the 90s actually want ross and rachel to get together?? like why
— becca👻 (@Paramore12Becca) August 12, 2019
11. And then this one questioned the biggest fashion icon of the decade!
Did people in the 90s really think Carrie Bradshaw's clothes were stylish?
— Jeff Naftzinger (@Jza_Jenius) July 10, 2014
12. Finally, we have this young person, who may never know how to use their words.
Honestly how did people in the 90s express their emotions without GIFs and memes? pic.twitter.com/y1ZVJ7FKiN
— Shaffie Waru (@Mwass_) March 24, 2018
Sure, not everything about the '90s was great, but those of us who remember a time before portable technology will always cherish the memories. And for more nostalgia, check out 50 Things Only People Who Lived in the 1990s Will Remember.
To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to follow us on Instagram!