9 Real People Reveal the Petty Arguments They Have With Their Spouses
A Twitter user asked people to share the silly things they fight about with their spouses. See if you relate.
On Wednesday, author Rabia O'Chaudry asked people on Twitter to share some of the constant petty arguments they have with their spouses, and the answers were hilarious and highly relatable.
Married people: tell me about the stupid, recurring argument you and your spouse just cannot, will not stop having
— rabia O'chaudry (@rabiasquared) January 9, 2020
1. For example, does it drive you crazy when your spouse expects you to throw them a parade because they took out the trash or did the dishes for once?
I hung this in the fridge Thanksgiving morning… still there, not sure he has noticed it yet! pic.twitter.com/ro1Sw4tUkY
— Beth Spitznogle (@Bethellenspitz) January 9, 2020
2. Or what about when your spouse takes the plastic seals off of bottles and leaves them on the counter?
This Twitter user "collected them all for weeks and crammed them in [her husband's] pillow case." She's a real hero (even though he still does it).
When my husband opens an orange juice bottle or a vitamin bottle or anything with plastic wrap keeping the lid closed or the bottle sealed he leaves it on the counter EVERY TIME. Once I collected them all for weeks and crammed them in his pillow case. 12yrs later he still does it
— Steph (@stephlmacp) January 9, 2020
3. Of course, there are the little quirks that you find irrationally irritating, like if your spouse takes all of the groceries out of the bag and puts them on the counter instead of directly into the fridge.
My spouse will take groceries out of the bag and instead of putting the grocery item into its designated spot directly from the bag, he will put everything out on the kitchen counter and then put the groceries away one by one.
— Christa Bishmark (@christabishmark) January 9, 2020
4. Making coffee can be a real source of contention between married couples.
This woman cannot, for the life of her, pour water into a coffeemaker without making a complete mess yet refuses to use the right cup. https://t.co/kHxrR0iy7A
— Christopher (@ChristophersZen) January 9, 2020
5. Ditto for loading the dishwasher and figuring out what's recyclable or not.
The man cannot load a dishwasher properly and fundamentally does not understand the difference between what is recyclable and what is not. This is my supervillain origin story. https://t.co/MXx6U6mraX
— Ali Sciarabba (@alimscribbles) January 9, 2020
6. If Marie Kondo's hit Netflix show taught us anything, it's that socks on the floor can be grounds for divorce.
my socks on the floor.
her piles of papers.
— Scott Hechinger (@ScottHech) January 9, 2020
7. And let's not even get started on the many battles waged over the snooze button.
Husband likes to hit snooze for a solid hour. I like sleeping for the entire hour and not being woken up 6 times (every 10 mins) during it and just setting the alarm for the correct time, not an hour early. He "can't wake up that fast". That's the 15 year (and counting) fight.
— Rebecca Johnson (@r_johnson83) January 9, 2020
8. Or not buckling up—it's the law and the noise the car makes if you don't is enough to cause a feud.
"Could you put your seatbelt on before starting the car engine so that the seatbelt alarm doesn't start going?"
Next time we're in the car: "Could you put your seatbelt on before…"
Ad infinitum https://t.co/the5NnbUIR
— Alice Lilly (@aliceolilly) January 9, 2020
9. And, of course, the temperature. In this Twitter user's house, the thermostat is "changed 10 times per night."
— Jared Eborn (@jaredeborn) January 9, 2020