9 Hilarious Stories of Couples Working from Home Together
These partners are putting their relationships—and funny bones—to the test.
They say absence makes the heart grow fonder—but for couples working from home together during the COVID-19 pandemic, there's little separation between work and their relationship.
And while spending more time with your significant other may sound ideal to some, many couples are realizing that the things they typically find endearing about their spouses are less enjoyable when they become a permanent fixture in their workplace, too.
So, if you're navigating a new relationship dynamic now that you're both staying home, you're not alone. Read on to discover the hilarious things these couples are discovering about each other. And for more amazing stories from folks stuck at home, check out how These Parents Recreated Awesome Vacations for Their Kids in Quarantine.
1. This woman, whose partner's eating habits became a point of contention
Of course you've spent a lot of time eating around your spouse, but it was never this annoying, right? And for more habits that irritate your partner, check out these 50 Worst Pet Peeves That Grind on Relationships.
2. This man, whose wife maintained her composure at work, despite his best efforts
"Uh, honey, did I not mention that this is a video meeting?"
3. This woman, who got back at her husband for his prank
Let's just hope his company has good GI doctors on its healthcare plan.
4. This woman, who accidentally dropped her meal on her husband
The bad news? He's covered in oatmeal and coffee. The good news? The shower's five steps away!
5. This man, who added some sweet '90s jams to his wife's workday
The only thing more annoying than that coworker who won't turn down the volume on their headphones? An a cappella concert of those songs right at home.
6. This woman, whose wife decided to take the path of least resistance against her constant questions
We all have that co-worker who won't stop asking inane questions. But it's even more obnoxious when that person is also your partner.
7. This man, whose wife didn't find his sense of humor as charming as she once did
It's not just bawdy humor that's not appropriate for the office—these days, dad jokes are also on the chopping block.
8. This woman, who was not having her husband's sniffles
"How many times do I have to tell you? If you're sick, go home! Oh, wait…"
9. This woman, whose husband did his best to maintain their daily routine
He could've just knocked on her door, but it's the thought that counts, right? And if you want to make the most of your work from home experience, discover these 7 Genius Home Office Hacks That'll Make Working from Home Way Better.