Anthony Scaramucci Quote—or Line from Frank Miller’s “Sin City?”
The new White House communications director just took a noir-ish turn.
Earlier today, The New Yorker published a doozy of an article containing some unfiltered remarks from the newly appointed White House comms director, Anthony Scaramucci, a man who is taking to his new gig—and his new task of rooting out leakers in the executive branch—with no shortage of energy.
The article begins with Scaramucci asking writer Ryan Lizza to reveal the name of a “senior White House official” who had been the source of a previous Tweet—and then it gets stranger and stranger from there. There were threats, there were detours into the third person, and there were more than a few memorable graphic turns. In fact, he was so graphic he sounded like a character a broody, nourish film. As we were reading, we couldn’t help think of the ultra-violent, 2005 crime drama Sin City, by Frank Miller.
So, with that in mind, we plucked a few of Scaramucci’s more colorful phrasings and put them alongside lines from Miller’s graphic novel-turned film. Can you spot which is which?
- “Ask yourself if that corpse of a slut is worth dying for.”
- “This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They’re back! There’s no choices left. And I’m ready for war.”
- “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.”
- “Power don’t come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big, and gettin’ the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain’t true, you’ve got ‘em by the balls.”
- “I’m not trying to suck my own cock.”
- “And after I pull off that miracle, maybe I’ll go punch out God.”
- “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys.”
- “Well, the felony, they’re gonna get prosecuted, probably, for the felony.”
- “I’m gonna find that son of a bitch that killed you, and I’m gonna give him the hard goodbye.”
- “Yeah, let me go, though, because I’ve gotta start tweeting some shit to make this guy crazy.”
Key: 1) Sin City, 2) Sin City, 3) Scaramucci, 4) Sin City, 5) Scaramucci, 6) Sin City, 7) Scaramucci, 8) Scaramucci, 9) Sin City, 10) Scaramucci.
For more amazing advice for living smarter, looking better, feeling younger, and playing harder, follow us on Facebook now!